Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Apple Way


My first blog ever and I am lost what should be the topic of my blog.I am new to corporate world with big shiny dreams in my eyes and first time felt the need to blog to share my view points and mainly to keep in touch with my passion-- Marketing.

Like most people of my age want to make a mark in the corporate world and especially in the field of Marketing.But honestly I am confused which brands to pursue. I mean there are so many brands with their wonderful stories of making mark in people's life and each is unique in its own way.

Maybe I would start with the brand Apple because it created  a revolution of its own and have changed the world.And then there is "Steve Jobs" the ultimate maverick and creative genius.So many words have been written about him and his ingeniousness, what more to write by some random  nobody like me!!!


I guess there is always something more to say about him.......because of his words his methods had created a hell lot of inspiration to me. I will always regret that I will never be able to meet him in my life. But anyway I will thank him for helping me finding my own dreams and I guess there are lot of people like me out there who also believe the same.

Few years ago I was totally clueless what to do with life (only with idea what I don't want to do which by the way mostly covers all the things my parents want me to do). I was pursuing engineering and I was so mediocre at it that I had a feeling I would never be hugely successful if I pursue it further.

And just one fine day I watched Steve Job's Stanford Convocation speech and it was mind-blowing.I decided to go for MBA in marketing (which I admit is a very conventional career choice of engineering + MBA in India) . Add thank god for that ... when I was pursuing my MBA  for the first time in life I felt, okay I am in the field I really wanted to be in. Because the course changed me as a person and specially my way of thinking and looking at life possibilities.


I wish I am more clever and talented with words so that I could have expressed properly how motivating and inspiring can be a 20 minutes video by a great leader of our time can to people like me.


And I wish I can always stay hungry and foolish as I promised myself after first watching the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment