Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Data and Design:Revolution of present and future !!

I made a presentation today in front of my team and all went well and two of my C level executives complemented my presentation by saying you have made look numbers interesting.I actually used +Infographics  for the presentation.

It make me think that I used significant data but also infographics to make it look interesting.So the question which came to my mind is, which impressed my peers the data or the way I presented the data??

Data and design are both complementary according to  me if you ask but sometimes each of them individually also make significant impact.

Take the best example in hand +Google  and  +Apple Inc. .Two tech giants of our time and both of them have revolutionized the tech-scenario of our time and age.

On surface both of them may look similar type of organizations but essentially they are polar opposite. With Apple relying on design and Google worshiping data as their individual building blocks respectively.

Any +Apple iFans  will vouch for its superior design .... Apple products are  synonymous to great design. Whereas Google's every products based on meticulous research of data and that is the differentiating factor for them to it's competitor.Data is truly king of them!

But its hard to tell which is more useful, you just have to come up with the correct mix.Or may be in future +Steve Wozniak (Refer source : http://mashable.com/2013/11/03/steve-wozniak-apple-should-work-with-google-samsung/)wishful thinking of Apple and Google coming together may create a big bang impact.I guess time will tell!!!

+Steve Jobs  and Apple employees expressing their viewpoints on design...


 +Larry Page's inspiring speech on how dare to take risk and data/information resulted in Google's success...



No comments:

Post a Comment