Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sale Sale Sale !!!


I loved reading Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a shopaholic a lot!! I mean why not, the adorable  Becky and her  pure love for shopping with all her eccentricities but almost her spiritual connection with shopping. But when I was reading the book I told my
self that I am controlled shopper , 

I go to shopping with a plan and target in mind!! Like seriously, I do my shopping like completing a MCQ questionnaire in a stipulated time.
I rarely to do impulsive buying, like really rare !!!

But then I reached land of one of my beloved fictional character Becky  and went to one of its famous shopping centre at centre of the city to buy some regular things, as usual with a list in my smart phone +Googlenote.

Then, I saw a the SALE sign at the same brand shop from where our Rebecca Bloomwood had bought her  famous  “GREEN” scarf. But so what, I just told myself I can totally control my shopping urges, let do some browsing.

Little did I realize that I am underestimating the power of Visual merchandising, the Pricing techniques, the awesome product placement, the tricky techniques of sensory marketing!!!!
But after 3 and a half hours, when I was struggling with my shopping bags near a cash counter to enter my pin for my card, I suddenly realized I have been ambushed by my inner shopaholic self who just could not resist the magic of SALE season.

It’s interesting we all know SALEs are there to lure customer, most of the things we buy enticed by the slashed prize most of the times we don’t even need any of them half of the time. But it stills compels us, attract us, and finally make us the ultimate choice of buying products.

Is it the dramatically slashed down price, the sense of accomplishment when we are able to find a dress we have marked mentally but did not buy it because it dealt overpriced with its original MRP

I am marketing person, I am well aware of the marketing techniques, but somewhere these cleverly well thought out strategies do tickle our psychological impulses and how!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment